Sunday, April 22, 2007

Lantau Island

Lantau Island will always be my favorite destination in Hong Kong. Been there in 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000 & 2001.
It's like a pilgrimage to visit Po Lin Monastery and pay my respect to Tian Tan (Giant Buddha).
Lying just offshore Lantau island is the most modern airport in Asia - the Hong Kong International Airport at Chek Lap Kok. I saw it during its construction period from 1992 to 1993 when i hiked the second & third highest peaks of Hong Kong - Sunset Peak (869m) and Lantau Peak (934m) situated side by side on the island. I also like to walk along the beach of Fan Lau coast down to the fishing village of Tai-O to see the spectacular sea view.
After almost six years since my last visit there when we competed in the World Cup Argentine Tango finals at the Queen Elizabeth Stadium... i went again this year with my Cebu family to celebrate my 35th Birthday and to check out Lantau island's newest attraction - Disneyland!

No comments: