Monday, June 26, 2006

Dive Davao

Photo by George Tapan
I had a lot of first time dive experience when i took my scuba diving lessons at Pearl Farm Beach Resort when i was still based in Davao.
My first open water fun dive is actually a wreck dive! We visited one of the two WWII shipwrecks in front of the resort. I got so addicted on those wrecks that my succeeding trip to the resort is mostly to dive and explore them again.
I also had my first night dive (which my Okinawan instructor combined with navigation dive) under the resort's famous landmark - The Parola.
Armed with a torch, a compass and too much excitement, instead of a square... i made a zigzag pattern all the way to the open with a very strong current! It was my first 30min solo dive 'cause my instructor took a while to catch up with me on a torpedo speed drift dive.
I knew i got lost already... but who cares? I'm enjoying my first night flight alone! ha ha ha!
After getting my advanced certification, my weekend in Davao is never complete without a day-trip to Samal or Talikud islands. I miss those lunch under the coconut trees with my BigMac meal!
Everytime i get the chance to visit Davao, i always dropby Wind and Wave dive shop in Santa Ana Wharf to check if there's a trip i can join. I am scheduled to go there next month and hopefully, after more than a year since my last Talikud island trip... i can Dive Davao again.

No comments: