Friday, June 30, 2006

Nostalgia

Photo by Ivan Henares
Since i'm planning another trip to La Union, i just thought of searching online what other places i can visit nearby. I tried searching for San Fernando and then i saw this very familiar photo of a house. I checked it and yes indeed, it was the house we used to live in San Fernando, Pampanga.
As far as i can recall, my only childhood memories starts there and i'm so glad that it was already declared a Heritage House in 2003. I am now excited to go back there after more than 25 years. I wanted to walk again on the railroad track, the sugar central, the church, the calesa rides, my prep school...
I also remembered that after San Fernando City, we moved to Bacolod City. I think i should go back there too... I'm really enjoying this feeling of looking back to your wonderful past nostalgically.

Dayrit-Cuyugan House (MacArthur Highway, Barangay Dolores) Built in 1920 by the couple Joaquin Dayrit y Singian, sugar farmer, and Maria Paz Cuyugan y de Leon. Inherited by their eldest daughter Luz Dayrit y Cuyugan who was married to Ulderico Rodriguez from Bacolor.
This ancestral house, which exemplifies the architecture prevalent during the American colonial period was declared a Heritage House by the National Historical Institute on 27 January 2003 by virtue of Resolution No. 5, S. 2003. (http://cityofsanfernando.blogspot.com)

No comments: